About us

more analytic

izea

5e814fc6ba86c08af81846dca3940c0052caf8a8c5dba6f3c2

“Just Give Me A Reason” Broken Down


There is this song by Pink and Nate Ruess called "Just give me a reason." I love all of the music Pink makes and I came to love the ones Nate makes from his band Fun, who doesn't love Fun? So when these two great artists came together to sing a song on Pink's album I was expecting a really hot song. To be honest it is a very good song and I listen to it all the time. When day when I was listening to the song over the Thousandths time I really listened to the song. I had like an epiphany and came to the conclusion that Pink – the girl in the relationship is crazy or cray cray. I don't know why guys say cray cray but it's the new hip lingo and I shall not be left behind.

 

Why you might wonder why I say Pink is cray cray. I am glad you asked and this is why: quoting from the lyrics
                                               "Now you've been talking in your sleep, oh, oh
Things you never say to me, oh, oh"

They have had a great relationship so far and the guy, Nate, Starts talking in his sleep. And she blames him for cheating on her in his dreams. From my point of view that is all wrong because first of all it's his dreams. A guy can't have some privacy in his dreams? And since we all have fantasies why can't he dream about another woman while at the same time still love Pink? Coz in my dreams I sleep with women I will never have a chance with, Beyoncé, Rihanna and Pink herself. So he shouldn't be vindicated for cheating in his dreams.

 

I do love how Nate responds in the song:
                                               "I'm sorry I don't understand
Where all of this is coming from
I thought that we were fine
Your head is running wild again
My dear we still have everythin'
And it's all in your mind"

 

He basically says "be easy, everything is cool. We are ok it's just your craziness going a bit too wild. The worst part or the funniest part is that she actually convinces Nate that there is something wrong in the relationship and he goes like:

                                               "You used to lie so close to me, oh, oh
                                                There's nothing more than empty sheets"

Now there is a problem, and there wasn't from the beginning. Luckily he saves face by saying we are not broken but we are bent in order to appease her. They both compromise and they both learn to love again.

 

This is my interpretation of the song if you have a different one I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. She is NOT crazy. Men almost always become complacent in relationships, and I'm not saying that women don't either, but it is the complacency of the man that she is talking about. Men WOO women in the beginning. Compliment them, take them out, say romantic things and are generally excited about the relationship. Once that relationship is secure, that behavior changes. Sometimes, men become very distant. Personally, this is how I relate to this song. I don't think she is crazy. I think she is left behind by a man who takes her for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is NOT crazy. Men almost always become complacent in relationships, and I'm not saying that women don't either, but it is the complacency of the man that she is talking about. Men WOO women in the beginning. Compliment them, take them out, say romantic things and are generally excited about the relationship. Once that relationship is secure, that behavior changes. Sometimes, men become very distant. Personally, this is how I relate to this song. I don't think she is crazy. I think she is left behind by a man who takes her for granted.

    ReplyDelete

As well as leaving your comment here you can tweet me at @mukuba2002 and I will reply