About us

more analytic

izea

5e814fc6ba86c08af81846dca3940c0052caf8a8c5dba6f3c2

Inferno


I wasn't planning on reading this book this month but I had a road trip coming up and it would be around 10 hours each way. The books I had weren't road trip material, you know those books that completely engross you and make you forget where you are. I had none of them and the night before the trip I went to Amazon to look for any new fictional books for me. I stumbled upon Inferno by Dan Brown, I never knew he wrote another book, and I love his work so I bought the book and downloaded the audio book to my kindle app.

 

Like all his books, Inferno is a fictional book mixed with facts about secret societies that have been around for hundreds of years. You will be reading the story and he goes like fact, "A is the first letter of the alphabet followed by B" and continues with his narration. I like his writing style because it is fast paced and he goes back and forth in time during the narration to give the reader a complete overview of what actually happened. He gives a lot of attention to detail while describing characters, their emotions, monuments.
Robert Langdon is back in this novel, although without his tweed jacket and loafers, and this time he is in Italy. The story begins with him waking up at a hospital. Someone tried to assassinate him by shooting him in the head. In the hospital he meets up with a brilliant doctor known as Sienna Brooks who explains to him he came in with a head wound of a bullet grazing his head. At the same time his assassin, Vayentha, comes looking for him at the hospital to finish her work.

 

Without giving too much away the story revolves around the epic poem the Inferno which is the first part of Dante Alighieri's 14th-century epic poem Divine Comedy. It is an allegory telling of the journey of Dante through Hell, guided by the Roman poet Virgil. In the poem, Hell is depicted as nine circles of suffering located within the Earth. Allegorically, the Divine Comedy represents the journey of the soul towards God, with the Inferno describing the recognition and rejection of sin.

 

I enjoyed reading/ listening to the book, I would recommend this book to anyone who likes fictional novels. Although I have just read a review on the book by The Guardian and they didn't have use any flattering words for the story. I guess to each his own.

 

Have you read any captivating fictional stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment

As well as leaving your comment here you can tweet me at @mukuba2002 and I will reply